Thursday, May 15, 2008

DK 200 two Weeks Away!

So finally got out today and was able to get some distance in on my legs for the first time in awhile today. Got almost 50 miles in on what should be the first part of the DK200 and I have got to say it was beautiful out there! I stopped for about 10 minutes at what will be mile 25 or so and just took it in...because I know in 2 weeks thats going to be the last thing on my mind.

Matt Brown was good enough to let me barrow his Pace fork for the race and wow it is super light and paired with the SpeedMax tires the bike is light and felt good on the climbs. I did however have some trouble getting the tires to seal up little holes a couple times along the ride.

My back and legs hurt for awhile during the ride but I am pretty confident its from riding the single speed yesterday out on the trail and just not enough recovery, but either way I am feeling fresh and confident that I will be able to finish the DK200...then again it is 200 miles so hell, who knows!

Go ride and happy trails!
  • Stumble This
  • Fav This With Technorati
  • Add To Del.icio.us
  • Digg This
  • Add To Facebook
  • Add To Yahoo

3 comments:

Mike Wise said...

Hey Garrett! Glad to hear that you are starting to get some miles in. DK 200 should be a blast. I am going to do a pretty long ride Tuesday afternoon/evening, do you want to come along! Maybe Lelan, Matt, Tim etc...?

Mike

LeLan Dains said...

Huh, missed that phone call I guess.

Seagato said...

Mike i cant make that ride cause ill be in Dodge City and Lelan thats weird your phone missed that call cause i didnt even call haha

 
Copyright 2010 Seagato