Monday, May 5, 2008

Wilson Lake

For the races Sunday Matt was able to pedal his way into 2nd place behind guess who? Cameron. Matt also backed off because of a strange creak coming from somewhere in his wheel. Me Lelan and Dusty would all be in the Sport Open Class and would start of with us 3 and two other guys pulling away from the pack. Lelan must have been hurting because his legs were dead and i could tell because i just planned to hold on as long as i could untill the other four guys dropped me but on one of the first climbs I actually ran into Lelans back wheel and decided maybe I had what it took to beat him today(Who knows when that day will come again...not soon enough haha jk Lelan). So i passed him soon after that.

So me, Dusty, and the 2 other guys pulled away(Luckily Lelan couldnt hang on from killing it the day before at the Short Track and Timed Climb). Dusty would stop to help out Bobby with a flat and would catch me soon after that because I was lost at a fork in the trail as the 2 other guys had got out of my sight by this time. So me and Dusty smashed it and caught the other two and my legs just felt like they couldn't go fast enough so about the half way point i passed dusty and then passed the other two guys a little bit later. I would just kill it the rest of the way leaving everyone behind(Not bad for my first sport race) and would finish 2nd with Dusty 4th and Lelan in about 8th or so(Not to shabby for dead legs!). Some guy pulled away from the start to take 1st overall in sport that I had no clue about but still very happy with the week end!

Thanks again to Doug and everyone else for putting on a great weekend of racing!


Also the Saturday before the race I was hurting for some trail and night riding so I snuck out to Camp Alexander and got 2 quick laps in on the single speed in the dark...Nothing better than a couple night laps to remind you how much fun it is just to relax and ride!

Pictures of the Wilson Lake soon to come.

Get out and go ride...and try to stay dry(good luck!)
  • Stumble This
  • Fav This With Technorati
  • Add To Del.icio.us
  • Digg This
  • Add To Facebook
  • Add To Yahoo

1 comment:

LeLan Dains said...

You're too kind. But, you did crush it! By the way, my trigger finger is itchin'. When do you work?

 
Copyright 2010 Seagato