Tuesday, December 22, 2009

4 Hours of Good Pain

Well I dont know how I forgot to mention this earlier...damn finals at school and work getting crazy busy...but I went and did the Coronado's Challange with a bunch of the High Gear Team and had a great time!! Its always a good time on the bike when you have got the likes of Jim, Tim, and Mike around you. Sadly Mike wasnt around for long...he was caught up in a crash within the first 50ft. of the race and some how trashed his cable housing.

This trail is got a insane amount of climbing...its pretty much a steep ass hill in the middle of no where! Not single speed friendly at all...that reminds me Brad Williams, another Emporian, made the trip and put the hurt on me early on with his single speed. I thought chasing him around for the first 2 hours was going to result in my having another DNF.

Myself, Tim, and Jim would spend the next 4 hours hunting eachother. We settled in 5th, 6th, and 7th after about a two hours in. Some how I got a break away and snuck out and put a couple minutes on the Tim/Jim combo.

I would stay out front the rest of the ride with Jim getting a little to close for comfort on the last lap. I have no been in that much pain in along time!

The race would end up with me in 5th, Jim in 6th and Tim in 7th. I would finish the race and could not even walk because I had given it my all, which was my only goal for the day. I went into this race with the idea of finishing and being so trashed it would hurt all week...and thats what happened.

Untill next time!
  • Stumble This
  • Fav This With Technorati
  • Add To Del.icio.us
  • Digg This
  • Add To Facebook
  • Add To Yahoo

1 comment:

bobby said...

still wish i would of went to that race. hope you had a good Christmas man, i'll be in the shop the next couple of days, come hang out if you're back in town. peace.

 
Copyright 2010 Seagato