Saturday, February 21, 2009

Couldn't have been better

This Friday I totally lucked out. Walked out the door with bike in hand at 8:30 and didn't come home 'till 6pm. Almost a sunrise to sunset day of riding. Does it get much better than that?

I pulled out of town and headed to Madison, KS taking the DK200 route from last year. I was coming off a 2 day rest so the legs felt good and made good time. Once I made it to Madison I was taking a break and eating a sandwich and Matt Brown called saying he was hitting the trails at 3 if I could make it back.

So of coarse I shoved the rest of the sandwich down and chugged some coffee(I was still cold from leaving in 20 degree weather). Made it back to town with time to spair so Matt, his nephew(Donovon), and me headed to the trails.

Not going to lie...I riding had been happy with gravel lately but the trail was pretty much amazing! I ended up at 90 miles...10 short of my goal but hell it was a good time. After we finished at the trail it was off for mexican food and margaritas! Told you my day couldn't have been better.

Also thought I would mention that at some point on my way to Madison a group of about 6 horses sprinted against me up a hill. It was good fun but they won and as I went by at the top they all just looked over at me like "eat that!" Haha

-Seacat
  • Stumble This
  • Fav This With Technorati
  • Add To Del.icio.us
  • Digg This
  • Add To Facebook
  • Add To Yahoo

1 comment:

 
Copyright 2010 Seagato