Monday, February 16, 2009

Exhausted

I have been on the bike a pretty good amount lately(12-15 hours a week) and I tell you what, it leads to some great sleep and extremely vivid dreams, but thats another story! I have not slept like this ever. I hit the bed and pass out at night and wake up earlier than normal and feel totally rested and ready for the day!

This weekend I was able to get a couple rides in. Sunday Tim, Wiggins, and I headed out on a gravel ride in the 20 degree weather. I would like say the cause of my weak riding was the cold but truth be told Tim and Wiggins just rode my ass into the ground! We went to sprint at the end of the ride and when getting out of the saddle I pretty much feel apart. Its all good though. Props to both guys!

So today(monday) went out to go for a ride and made it about a block and my body was just telling me this is not going to happen today so I made a fast u-turn and headed home and passed out on the couch. I woke up still in my riding gear, minus the helmet of coarse, and was so hungry that I pretty much tore the kitchen apart making sandwiches like a mad man! But I now feel totally refueled and ready to get back on the road, gravel road that is, and get some more base miles in.

Also, little bit of good news, got the parents talked into coming to 24 Hours of 9 Mile with me as my support crew :) Big time boost right there!

Remember dont take life to serious or you will never get out alive!

-Seacat
  • Stumble This
  • Fav This With Technorati
  • Add To Del.icio.us
  • Digg This
  • Add To Facebook
  • Add To Yahoo

1 comment:

Mike Wise said...

Hey Garret,

You skip out on our ride on Saturday, and then go out Sunday?
Just kidding! Sounds like you are really working hard to bring up your base up considerably. I need to deffinately start looking over my shoulder as you BLAZE by me. Keep up the good work!

Mike

 
Copyright 2010 Seagato