Sunday, March 14, 2010

Hello Fun...How I Have Missed You

Last night got the chance to hang out and knock back a couple beers with some of the guys. Probably was not the best idea seeing as I felt like crap because of allergies but still had a blast and strangely was able to get to bed before 2 in the morning (not something that usually happens when I go out).

Carb loading

Anyhow, today I had planned to get in one last intense long ride before calming the training down for Ouachita, which is 2 weeks away as of today, but that wasn't what happened at all.

Tim hit me up for 60 road at a fast pace but being a little under the weather I was forced to decline and actually made the choice that I was going to just stay in and relax. After about 2 hours of picking up the apartment followed by cleaning off my iPod and iPhone of music I dont listen to anymore I became motivated to go ride atleast for 45 minutes to spin my legs out.

I knew I was off to a bad start when I got a few blocks out and realized my new stem was not even close to straight and was forced to stop and adjust it. Then I came to notice the angle of my bars was a little off and was not in the mood to get off again so rode the entire ride with them that way.


Did about 10 miles and stopped to turn around, change my music, and take a pee...I dont know if it was from the change of music or the empty bladder but once back on my bike my mentality finally changed for the better. Up to that point every pedal stroke had me wanted to throw my bike away and quit riding. With this new found excitement I headed into a couple roads I had never been on before and had a blast. Wasn't putting down any record times but got a chance to just listen to some music, set up and enjoy the air, and just take everything in.

New favorite area to ride in

My legs never really got under my the whole ride but still rode strong for the last hour and even talked myself into stopping and taking this picture (I know I am not Adventure Monkey when it comes to pictures). Well thats about all I got today but getting excited for the Ouachita Challange just trying to decide on my final tire choice.

-Seagato

  • Stumble This
  • Fav This With Technorati
  • Add To Del.icio.us
  • Digg This
  • Add To Facebook
  • Add To Yahoo

2 comments:

bobby said...

ah yes...there is no better way to carbo load. that road is tight. there are some like it over by camp...i'm sure you know them, but we should hit em up next week.

Anonymous said...

Just stumbled on your blog from High Gears website (I think...). Where is that bottom picture taken at? It looks EXACTLY like a road I love to run on out by Admire... :) Anyway, enjoying your blog! Keep it up!

-Brianna

 
Copyright 2010 Seagato