Sunday, January 24, 2010

First Century of 2010

I know I left out a update from last weeks ride but I was feeling lazy so you can just check out the blog links in the post below somewhere...sorry. I do have a new post about yesterdays ride though so that should be worth something right? On Saturday I had actually planned on a 100 mile solo venture but never been happier that it turned into a group ride. Dustin Burgadt(also a great head shot of yours truly on his most recent post), Tim Mohn, Scott O'Mara, and myself all got together and headed out despite the wet roads and horrific wind. Everyone road strong and made great time for a mostly headwind of 20+ mph. This ride would once again go to show how putting road bike tires on a mountain bike, does not in anyway make it a road bike...especially if I get lazy and leave the front fork on. The real turning point of the ride would be just short of 50 miles when we took a road over a huge lake(not sure which one this was) but the wind tore us apart! I was able to snag some pictures during it of everyone. Scott would feel the pain of riding a mountain bike and snag a ride at 70 miles(still impressive to me for riding with a mountain bike with crows on it and keeping up 'till then). The three of us would continue on fighting for city limit sprints despite the pain with everyone winning one in the three cities. Dustin would take honors of the Emporia sprint when he pulled away a mile or so away and me and Tim just had nothing left to pull him back...nicely played.
This ride was for sure a great fitness boost but hurt mentally a couple times when we would stop and it hits you just how much farther and harder the DK200 is. Still I have no intention of peaking for the DK200 but still want to have a better showing aka not DNF-ing. My legs felt like rubber and stomach was all upside down and inside out after the ride(cheap pizza will have that affect, or is it effect? shit who knows) but after a quick meal with Dustin followed by some nachos and some dark chocolate all was right again. Ride ended at just short of 105 so not bad for a January training ride. Well that's about all I really have for now. I am going ahead and put a link to The Adventure Monkeys blog HERE. This guy takes some awesome pictures and his post are usually worth a read. Also I got a name drop on the the Dirty Kanza 200 blog HERE. Its an old post but I just now saw it on a lazy day when searching the web. Also Lelan is signed up for a 24 Hour race. Good luck brotha and get on that bike!
  • Stumble This
  • Fav This With Technorati
  • Add To Del.icio.us
  • Digg This
  • Add To Facebook
  • Add To Yahoo

1 comment:

Adventure Monkey said...

Dude, I think I might have died on that ride, but it felt good getting the invite. I almost felt like a real cyclist. Someday I will keep up with you and the insane clown posse, someday, if it's the last thing I do...

Oh and thanks for the link - We'll have to ride again so I can find someone else besides Bobby to make fun of...

 
Copyright 2010 Seagato